School #3 The old Washington School was built on the corner of Osborne and Hanover Streets in 1909. It later became known as the Hanover Street School. This K-6 building served our students through 1961 when the new Washington School was built on School Street. The old Hanover Street School was converted into the present Dyke Street Firehall. The top of the school was torn down and the firehall was built from the old foundation up.